On Giving Tuesday, it can feel hectic trying to figure out the best ways to give back. You want to make the most of the day and ensure you are contributing in a meaningful way and know that your contribution will really make a difference. Now is a great time to think about how you want to celebrate Giving Tuesday and prepare to get involved, especially to support your passion – tennis!
Giving Tuesday is a popular day to give back to many types of charities and organizations. While most associate this day with making a monetary donation, there are other actions, in addition to making a gift, you can take to show your support to the causes you are passionate about.
We’ve rounded up a list of five ideas for you to help make giving back to tennis easy:
- Make plans with a friend to play tennis! Hit around at your local court and have some fun. Snap a pic and share it with us on social media by tagging us and using #GivingTuesday and #USTAMAS. Go one step further on Giving Tuesday and plan to sign up to play in a local league or join the fun in our low-pressure social tennis events. When you join us out on the courts you strengthen the fabric of the Mid-Atlantic tennis community.
- Make a Gift! On Giving Tuesday, you’ll feel great giving a gift to USTA Mid-Atlantic Section knowing it will support the growth of tennis in the Mid-Atlantic and help increase access to the sport for all people. Simply go online and make a tax-deductible donation. Need some motivation? Check out why this local tennis player chooses to donate.
- Volunteer with USTA Mid-Atlantic. Because of our dedicated, passionate and tennis-loving volunteers we are able to continue to make an impact beyond the net. If you are interested in staying engaged with tennis in the Section, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities for you.
- Become a Girls Rule the Court™ Coach. Girls Rule the Court (GRTC) is a program from USTA Mid-Atlantic to promote health, wellness, and teamwork while building self-esteem through tennis for young girls. The program teaches the basics of tennis to girls in a fun and rewarding environment led by female tennis coaches and mentors. Join in to become a coach and mentor to the next generation of tennis greats.
- Spread the Word about Tennis. You follow us on all the major social media platforms, right? If not, then plan to give us a follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. On Giving Tuesday, an easy way you can show support is to share a social media post from us with your friends and encourage others to follow along!
Give a gift today!
Your support may mean that one more child gets the chance to learn tennis for the very first time. Your gift will directly impact the growth of tennis in the Section.
USTA Mid-Atlantic Section is a 501c3 non-profit on a mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis. We aim to make tennis the most accessible sport in the region. How will you show support on Giving Tuesday?
Find out more about our mission and why you should support USTA Mid-Atlantic this Giving Tuesday.
USTA Mid-Atlantic Section, Inc. is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 54-1472806. All donations made to USTA Mid-Atlantic Section Inc. are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
You must be logged in to post a comment.