On Giving Tuesday, it can feel hectic trying to figure out the best ways to give back. You want to make the most of the day and ensure you are contributing in a meaningful way and know that your contribution will really make a difference. Now is a great time to think about how you want to celebrate Giving Tuesday and prepare to get involved, especially to support your passion – tennis!
Giving Tuesday is a popular day to give back to many types of charities and organizations. While most associate this day with making a monetary donation, there are other actions, in addition to making a gift, you can take to show your support to the causes you are passionate about.
We’ve rounded up a list of five ideas for you to help make giving back to tennis in the Mid-Atlantic region easy.
1. Make plans with a friend to play tennis! Hit around at your local court and have some fun. Snap a pic and share it with us on social media by tagging us and using #GivingTuesday and #USTAMAS. Go one step further on Giving Tuesday and plan to sign up to play on a local league or join the fun in our low-pressure social tennis events. When you join us out on the courts you strengthen the fabric of the Mid-Atlantic tennis community.
2. Make a Gift! On Giving Tuesday, you’ll feel great giving a gift to USTA Mid-Atlantic Section knowing it will support the growth of tennis in the Mid-Atlantic and help increase access to the sport for all people. Simply go online and make a tax-deductible donation. Need some motivation? Check out why this local tennis player chooses to donate. Bonus reason: Your gift will be matched!
This Giving Tuesday, you have the opportunity to get DOUBLE the match! USTA Mid-Atlantic has an anonymous donor match this year for $10,000 and funds are still available to help exhaust this match! In addition, Facebook has also announced it’s 2019 Giving Tuesday match of up to $7 million! To take advantage of the Facebook match and our match set your alarm for 7:55 AM EDT on Dec. 3. At 8 AM, get online and go to USTA Mid-Atlantic’s Facebook page. The Facebook match will go LIVE at 8 AM so make sure you are there and ready to donate! All gifts made after 8AM EDT on Giving Tuesday will be matched up to $100,000 per charity and up to $20,000 per individual. This is a great opportunity to amplify your impact and help bring tennis to those that need it most!
3. Help Teach Tennis. USTA Mid-Atlantic delivers high-quality after school and summer camp tennis programs in our region. Our programs help kids learn tennis skills, build character and give kids a healthy activity they can do for life! We’ve helped thousands of children learn tennis in these programs and are looking for individuals that can coach with us – don’t worry, we fully train coaches and any tennis experience level is welcome! Learn more about working with us and open opportunities.
4. Start a Fundraising Page on Facebook. This is another easy way to get involved on Giving Tuesday. Use our guide to create a fundraising page on Facebook and rally your friends to donate to USTA Mid-Atlantic Section and help more kids get access to tennis. Gifts to your Facebook fundraising page can also be matched!
5. Spread the Word about Tennis. You follow us on all the major social media platforms, right? If not, then plan to give us a follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. On Giving Tuesday, an easy way you can show support is to share a social media post from us with your friends and encourage others to follow along to find out more about tennis (and maybe why you are on the courts so much)!
Any action you take to support tennis and USTA Mid-Atlantic Section on Giving Tuesday is one that will make an impact. Your support may mean that one more child gets the chance to learn tennis for the very first time, when before they had not been able to play. Your gift may help with a tennis court refurbishment project that will make a community court a safe place to play, or you may be helping support a scholarship to a junior player that enables them to pay for a high-level tournament they wouldn’t have been able to afford.
USTA Mid-Atlantic Section is a 501c3 non-profit on a mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis. We aim to make tennis the most accessible sport in the region and our highest priority is to introduce ALL children to the sport. How will you show support on Giving Tuesday?
USTA Mid-Atlantic Section, Inc. is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 54-1472806. All donations made to USTA Mid-Atlantic Section Inc. are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.