Updated on 10/28/2021
Doubles, Doubles, Toil and Trouble!
Halloween is right around the corner, and we bet you’re thinking the same thing as us: I haven’t prepared a Halloween costume yet! Don’t fret. If you are looking for tennis themed Halloween costume ideas, we’ve got some ideas for you! Even if you’ve waited until the last minute for Halloween, our list of possible tennis related costumes for you tennis-lovers out there has some easy ideas to try.
- Go classic. What a better way to announce to the world that you love tennis than to dress as a giant tennis ball? They say you’re supposed to “Be the Ball” when you play, and what better opportunity to do just that than Halloween!
Lucky for you there are options to purchase already made tennis ball costumes or you can go the papier-mâché route if you dare. If you’re even luckier, maybe you’ll be as cute as this little member of Net Generation here.
Maybe you and your doubles partner in life are expecting your own little tennis star soon. Here’s a fun maternity Halloween costume idea that’s tennis themed.
- Overachieve, just this once. Feeling like all these other tennis costumes are too run-of-the-mill? Why not try going as something coveted by USTA League players around the US – a tennis trophy. All you need is a spot on pose and a lot of gold paint to make it happen. Bonus: have your partner go as a golf trophy – that’s a winning pair if we’ve ever seen one!
- Throw it back like Hollywood. Think back to the Battle of the Sexes movie, and if Emma Stone and Steve Carell can pull it off, so can you. Break out your best 70s tennis gear – bonus points for a Sugar Daddy jacket or a pet pig – and wooden racquet to create an old-school, movie vibe costume.
- Pop-tennis. Remember when Cher played tennis? Remember when Drake kept referencing tennis in his songs? Can’t get Serena out of your mind because of the DIRECTV commercials? So many tennis, pop-culture references, so little holiday
- Go classic Halloween. Nothing says “tennis but make it Halloween” like a good ole gory, zombie tennis costume.
At the end of it all, we are sure you will look great no matter how you dress this Halloween – as long as you are dressed with a tennis theme.
Have a Happy Halloween, from all of us here at USTA Mid-Atlantic.
USTA Mid-Atlantic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to promoting tennis and its physical, social, and emotional health benefits. Learn about our impact in the Section and how USTA Mid-Atlantic creates community, character, and well-being.