Give the Gift of Tennis
It is often said that sport reflects life, its challenges, and rewards, in an exaggerated and dramatic form. When you step on the court for practice or a match, you face a new challenge and a new opportunity to grow and get better. That opportunity is why we all love the sport and why tennis has been so crucial to our physical, mental, social, and emotional health in 2020.
The year 2020 presented numerous challenges and many of us sought ways to make the best of difficult situations, whether in our personal or professional lives. Through resilience, determination and teamwork we rallied to find some normalcy. Tennis became key to that sense of normalcy where we could be active and have fun with friends in a socially distanced way. When the time was right, tennis was there for all of us.
We sincerely thank you for your continued commitment to tennis and USTA Mid-Atlantic this year. Your support is at the heart of everything we do and we still need your help.
USTA Mid-Atlantic, like many nonprofits, faced changes and significant financial losses that challenged our ability to deliver on the mission to grow tennis and make it the most accessible sport in the region, especially among youth.
Your support enabled us to adapt and get creative to keep the mission and vision for tennis in EVERY community going. Take a look at all we did together:
- Through virtual sessions, free live weekly lessons on social media, and socially distanced programs at park and recreation courts, we gave kids a chance to experience tennis no matter their circumstances.
- We invented a new Junior Team Summer Community Challenge and offered it for free to Mid-Atlantic junior players since many of their Junior Team Tennis leagues and youth tournaments were on hold. The Challenge encouraged playing tennis and emphasized giving back through service to the community.
- We made it a priority to continue to offer our Junior Player Scholarship Programs to youth, helping families with expenses so kids can play.
- We even provided community grants to help Community Tennis Associations get back on their feet as people returned to play with new safety measures in place.
- The value of having safe and quality tennis courts in more Mid-Atlantic communities is magnified in these times and we found a way to open our Safe Place to Play Grant, for court construction and refurbishment projects.
All of this was possible because of the support from our community and players like you.
Your gift of $100 today will make a difference for ALL people and communities in the Mid-Atlantic region through the sport of tennis. Will you be the one to help make a difference? We can’t do it without you!
We hope that you have found some joy and warmth in 2020, despite its many challenges. Together with your help, we will be stronger together in 2021. Wishing you and your family the warmest of greetings this holiday season!
With gratitude, from all of us,
USTA Mid-Atlantic Board of Directors and USTA Mid-Atlantic Staff