Join in and raise funds to support tennis in your community, while competing for amazing prizes.
Grab your tennis friends and celebrate the summer of tennis through a fundraising challenge designed for you and your team – the USTA Mid-Atlantic Summer Smash! By participating in the Summer Smash Fundraising Challenge, you’ll be raising money to support tennis in your community and vital work USTA Mid-Atlantic does as a non-profit to make tennis the most accessible sport in the region and bring the life-long benefits of tennis to everyone.
This fundraising challenge is a fun opportunity for you and your tennis friends to give back and do something actionable and meaningful together for a good cause. Plus, there are prizes for your fundraising success.
You may be wondering why you should participate in something like this.
Here are a few reasons:
- It feels good to do something good. We can all use a little bit of feeling good right now. When your team or friends (or even if you are on your own) participate in the challenge you can feel good knowing that you are helping others in D.C.,Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia experience tennis and the benefits of the sport. Many people don’t have access to tennis and your fundraising will help change that.
- Your raised funds will really help. The money you raise through the Summer Smash will make it easier for someone to learn or play tennis just like you. You will be lowering the barriers to entry and will help make tennis more accessible in communities that are under-resourced.
- Competition. Friendly competition on the tennis courts is fun, and now the Summer Smash gives you a chance to get competitive off the court too. There are challenge levels to hit and unlock badges, prizes to earn, and you could WIN big by going big with your efforts. Be a winner!
The Summer Smash challenge is happening now through August 31.
Hurry up and get in on this so you can qualify for the recognition and prizes. You can sign up by clicking here.
Now we know you all love a good challenge and great competition (and probably want to WIN!) so to have success we’ve put together five tips for a successful fundraiser.
- Make your first donation to your page, $5, $10, $25 or more is a great way to get started and show others you really care.
- Invite your fellow tennis players to join your fundraising team so that together you can reach your goal.
- Share your fundraising page with family and friends and ask them to help you reach your goal.
- Share your page in a text message, on your Facebook page or Instagram page or even send an email! Friends help friends that ask!
- Send thank you notes to all who donate to your page and let them know they are helping to change lives through the sport of tennis!
Prizes, prizes, prizes. We’ve talked about the prizes, so here are the details about what you can earn.
Team Challenge & Individual Reward Levels
If your team raises enough to meet a challenge level, you will automatically win a Team Party Box that will include fun swag for your end-of-season party, or as you gather with your teammates to watch the US Open in September!
- Home Court Advantage Party Box: Challenge Level 1 ($500 Raised)
- Match Point Party Box : Challenge Level 2 ($1,500 Raised)
- Grand Slam Party Box: Challenge Level 3 ($2,500 Raised)
Party Boxes will include fun SWAG from our partners including Wilson, Tennis Warehouse, Vitalyte, Tennis Happies, more to come! The more you raise, the better the party box!
Should you or your team be the top fundraiser of the Summer Smash, you will have an opportunity to win both team and individual prizes!
|Team Prizes||Individual Prizes|
|1. Team Tickets to Citi Open 20222. Custom Designed Team Shirts for the whole team from The Spoiled Office3. Team Tasting for 8 at Doukenié Winery in Hillsboro, Virginia||1. Pro Staff 97 Wilson Racquet and 1-year subscription to TopCourt2. (2) Tickets to the 2022 Citi Open Finals3. 2-Night Stay for two Weekend Getaway at Marriott City Center Newport News (Includes Breakfast, welcome basket, and wine or beer tasting with hotel partner)|
How to get started?
We are glad you asked! We’ve made it easy for you to join the challenge and set up your fundraising page and/or team. Follow these steps:
- Click the sign up button on the top right side of the Summer Smash Event Page here.
- Choose whether you want to fundraise as an individual or start a team.
- Personalize your page with your tennis story, photos and videos.
- Ask your friends and tennis teammates to join your team; you can send them a custom link to sign up on your dashboard.
- Share your fundraising page with friends and family asking them to support you so that more people can experience the benefits of tennis.
Questions? Contact Catie Dugan Vargas, associate director of development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Now you can get started and support tennis in your community today!
USTA Mid-Atlantic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to promoting tennis and its physical, social, and emotional health benefits. We envision a community where tennis is accessible and available for all people to play. USTA Mid-Atlantic has wide-reaching impact. We operate leagues, tournaments and other programs and events throughout the region for over 28,000 adult and youth members. We support the community providers, facilities and coaches that directly deliver the sport. The many health and social benefits of tennis have made it more popular than ever, and USTA Mid-Atlantic’s programs and outreach are rising to meet that demand. Click here to read the additional terms and conditions for the Summer Smash Fundraising event.